Sunday, January 17, 2010

OXYMORON!!!

Sorry for the break... was very busy..... work, mom, and the obvious...no time!!!

Also I always wondered why authors take years to finish their books??
Now I understand, if I can take such a long time to select a topic for my new post and then write something... GOD BLESS the writers!!!

P.S – Idli.. I am not a soda bottle.... and dint go phus... and I am pretty serious about blogging..

Anyway.. I got a mail on Oxymoron’s, which got me thinking... (Sorry Manny, I’ll only think when I blog..... otherwise I promised u already I won’t.....mwuah!!!)

For people who didn’t score well in English... it’s a figure of speech, which is a combination of two words that are opposite in meaning. For example, GOOD GRIEF, EXACT ESTIMATE and so on...

So, when I started thinking about oxymorons. It suddenly dawned to me.....MY life is all about the oxymoron’s...

It was actually very interesting to think about it....

And it’s not only me... everyone around me seems a little Oxymoronic.....
With all the FREE GIFT VOUCHERS, AGREE TO DIASAGREE fundas.. and of course the ADULT MALES / FEMALES who’ll be reading this post and voluntarily and sometimes forcefully commenting...

OXY’S are here to stay... actually they are a inseparable part of our lives and our vocabulary...

I am almost done / almost ready... (When generally we are not even close)

I’ll act naturally... (When everything is all about the ACTING)

Oh this is awfully nice / pretty / good (when most of the time the intensity of saying AWFULLY is directly proportional to the feeling of jealousy which ones has for not having those AWFULLY nice things.. or being AWFULLY pretty or good)
Don’t tell me (when you will do anything just to know)

You’re a BUTTHEAD!!!

Big sip, Big baby, bad health, active retirement, brief speech, amicable divorce, and so on...

There are many more of such oxymoron’s which we use in our daily life... but according to me the most influential one... is A LITTLE MORE!!!

A little more Ice-cream / chocolate / bourbon biscuits (and all the problems of weight began from here)

A little more PERCENTAGE (that was usually my teachers, I never really cared)

A little more time on the phone / time out with friends / time beyond the deadline

A little more time to submit my projects (I never gave ONE on TIME)

A little more Pay package (well, I care a lot about that)

And the classic.. a little more attention / LOVE / CARE... BLAH BLAH..

Wanting a little more and ignoring the MUCH MORE in our lives...

And ironically... when we look beyond this “much more”.. And almost let it go... then that much more becomes “ wanting a little more”

Just the other day when I was with mom and my kid brother...I wanted a LITTLE MORE time with them, yet I had to go to work... And when I used to have the MUCH More time... and I don’t know what the hell I did then..

When we say we want a little more or I am almost there, I am alone in a crowd, we are alone together ...... are we saying that THIS IS WANT I WANT COZ I DONT HAVE ENOUGH..... or I AM NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT I HAVE... or .. I JUST DON’T HAVE IT????

In my view People don’t say or they hide certain things from most of their close ones is because they don’t like the way it sounds..

I want you to understand me / love me / care for me a Little MORE.. sounds much better than, and is much safer to say, than.... I want you to love me / understand me / care for me (because I think you don’t)

I can’t help but wonder.. Is an oxymoron a Denial of something which we don’t have? Or just something which we don’t have enough...

And If denial keeps us away from all the fear and the pain and the discomfort then what’s the harm in denying???

Maybe the reality is we need Denial!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we need the OXYMORON”S TOO.....

Specially my favourite one... “LITTLE MORE”

Because... I can’t DENY the fact that God loves me A LITTLE MORE......than I think he does!!!

THANK GOD!!!!

Love,
Parveen!!!

5 comments:

  1. yea , u were right .. this one's really good . tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the way u havent lost the crux as well as retained the humor.... dats the sign of gud writin skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heya...nice post
    I like reading what u write
    keep writing
    I'll keep reading
    luv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can say just this....that i loved it.....coz i actually have no words to express after reading this mail..... I think i'll need a LITTLE MORE time to register it..... lolzzzz.... tc...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautifully expressed the simple notations we say every day and we don't even realize it. Its very simple but difficult to accept that we say such things..

    ReplyDelete